Get the Project Details Here!
What will the new facility include?
When completed, CHS will have a state of the art fertilizer facility at our French location! This facility will include the following components:
- Faster fertilizer load out, which means we can get product to your fields over twice as fast as our current systems in both our French and Fergus East sites. This process will go from around 30 minutes currently to between 8-10 minutes with the new site.
- Ability to impregnate 6+ products with automated impregnation system.
- A significant increase in fertilizer storage! We’ll be moving from a combined 5,000 tons of storage between French and Fergus East to 10,890 tons of storage in the new facility, with more (and bigger) bins for individual products.
- We’re really excited about the addition of a Sackett Waconia High Intensity Mixer. With this system, you can be confident that every blend is as uniform as possible – see what all the excitement is about by checking out their YouTube product video (if you want to skip to the good stuff, start watching at 0:50).
- This facility will also include an 86×86’ chemical shed, with 8 bulk tanks.
- The capacity of the tower will triple – going from 90 ton to 300 ton.
- As with any new facility, this will be built to the latest OSHA & industry safety standards to ensure the safety of our employees, customers, and community members.
Below are a few photos of a facility that is built similarly to ours, to give an example of what it will look like:
When will the new facility be functional?
The site will be functional for spring fertilizer next year.
What should I do for fall fertilizer in 2018?
While the fall fertilizer process will change a little on our end as this facility is built, you shouldn’t see any changes. Please continue to call your agronomy contact to place your fertilizer orders for fall as you have in past years.
Where will my agronomy team be located this fall?
Nothing will change for this fall – you can still contact your agronomy team in either the French or Underwood offices this fall and into this winter.
Interested in keeping up to date on the construction progress with the plant? Sign up for email updates here!