March 17, 2020:
A message about COVID-19
With the impact of the global pandemic caused by COVID-19 evolving rapidly, we want to reassure you that CHS is taking steps to protect the health and safety of our employees, our owners and customers, and the communities we serve.
CHS Inc. is developing plans with the goal of continuing to provide the highest possible level of service to our customers and owners. Specific measures include:
- Close coordination and collaboration to ensure safety and wellbeing of employees, customers and communities
- Cancelation of annual meetings and other meetings of large groups and limiting visits to CHS facilities
- Additional use of voice, video and other technology to serve you, our customers and coordinate farm visits
- Activating plans to flex employees between locations or business units to better serve you
- New process and rigor for interactions with vendors, suppliers, contractors or other third parties to promote health and safety
- Fully utilizing our powerful and flexible supply chain and asset base should it become necessary to deliver to or from alternate locations
Locally, we’re taking additional measures to help keep our staff safe while continuing to serve our customers.
- We are limiting all foot traffic into offices, including from our customers. We encourage you to call, text, or email our staff for assistance.
- If we must have customers in the office, our sales team will be setting up appointments to ensure there is time to sanitize between visits and to reduce foot traffic.
- We’re asking all staff and visitors to adhere to the 6 foot distance recommended by the CDC to reduce virus spread.
- Additional local updates will be shared on this page and will also be sent out via email. To be added to our email alerts, go here and subscribe for any of the news lists that are of interest to you – all are being included in COVID-19 alert emails at this time.
As the busy spring season unfolds, we will continue to adjust as circumstances change. We don’t take this challenge lightly, but we’re committed to working through it with effective planning, communication and execution. With our talented and committed team, best-in-class assets and our values of safety and cooperative spirit, we are confident CHS will continue to deliver products and services for customers and value for owners.